If you are you a U.S. Military Veteran, still serving, or Military Spouse looking for an experienced career search coach, then this is the right page for you!
Gunny McGown says Welcome Home at GunnyRet Consulting, where job search coaching and referral services for Veterans and their spouses or (widows/widowers) are provided.
Am I eligible for your Services?
If you took the oath of enlistment, or oath of office, and completed recruit training or Officer Candidate School for the United States Armed Forces, and later received an honorable discharge or general under honorable conditions type separation, then you are eligible to receive my job coaching and career search assistance with verification required.
As a Veteran or military spouse, you owe it to yourself and your family to connect to others who will help you and inspire you as you look for new employment.
Whether you are just starting your transition, or you have long since hung up your dress blues, there are many Veterans who are willing to help you make the most of your military skills and those intangible qualities that employers want in their workforce.
There is no reason an unemployed Veteran or spouse needs to feel like they have no job search support.
Please click Get Started to begin your personalized job search coaching track.
I have more than 7 years of experience providing FREE job search coaching to Veterans, and you will learn a lot! My experience as a Retired active duty Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant, state welfare caseworker, county government employee, military job fair and military events manager, and non-profit volunteer and leader, will serve you well!
Welcome Aboard and Welcome Home!
To prepare for your first coaching session, click on the link below to get a free resume template, candidate waiver form, and a list of 4 things you can do right now to improve your personal brand!
Get Started and Kit-Up
After you download the documents from the link above, you’ll use the widget below to first, select your local timezone, and then choose the desired service type:
- “Veterans | Military Spouses”
- “I just applied for a job I found at GunnyRet.com”
- “Employers | Non-Profits”
- “Civilian Job Seekers”
Select “First Conference | Needs Assessment“
Select the appropriate staff member.
When the calendar appears, select the day, and a time that are underlined as blue links.
If you have never used my system for scheduling, you’ll need to create an account.
It’s free, and you’ll be able to see reviews from others I have helped.
So, let’s get started! Select your time zone now!
Please note, all initial appointments for job search coaching are done by teleconference despite the type of service you request. When you visit the scheduling page, you can read more reviews from other Veterans just like you, or you can see recommendations from my peers or previous clients at my LinkedIn profile.
Don’t forget to Kit-Up
– Be sure to enter a correct e-mail address when you register as a user of the appointment scheduling system; Appointy. You and I will receive e-mailed reminders of the upcoming appointment.
– Once you are scheduled, I will send you a link for a web conference using “FreeConferenceCall.com”.
- Please watch for an email from “Bryan A McGown via FreeConferenceCall”.
- It is best if you can be seated at a computer or tablet at this time, because I will do some screen sharing with you. It is not necessary for you to have a webcam.
- As long as you have a built-in microphone, or a connected headset, there is no need to use either of the dial-in numbers.
- If you don’t have either of these, please use the USA dial-in number. Unless you are stationed overseas, do not use the international line.
- If you receive a warning that the call is not free, please call the customer service number for FreeConferenceCall
at the bottom of your invitation for technical support.
- Please do not send any documents via email. Submit all your resume only in editable format in MS Word when you create your job seeker profile.
- Be ready to take a lot of notes!
During the appointment scheduling process, you will create an account. Please be sure to enter your true, and complete current mailing address, e-mail address and a cell phone. You will receive reminders via the e-mail address you provide, and possibly text messages from Gunny McGown for any urgent updates regarding your appointment.
Please add these e-mail addresses to your contact list to improve our communications:
- firstname.lastname@example.org© Copyright 2018 GunnyRet Consulting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.