"Sample Our Security For Life"
Armed Security Guards
Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate x-ray and metal detector equipment, as well as closed circuit television systems. Screen visitors to businesses and issue ID badges for visitors or employees. Control foot and automobile traffic as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses, and other Screenings/Examinations
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Short-term on-the-job training
Military or civilian law enforcement background preferred Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy Completion
Valid Driver’s License, and reliable transportation that will easily allow for movement to and from assigned work sites.
Successful candidates must agree to pre-employment random drug screening, background and credit checks, and any of these may be conducted at anytime during employment with Sample Security. The failure of any of these may or may not be used in a determination of continued employment entirely up to the discretion of management.
Public Safety and Security
Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Customer and Personal Service
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people
- Includes conflict situations
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
Impact of Decisions
- Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
Level of Challenge
- Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals
- Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
- Requires work with external customers or the public
- Requires work with others in a group or team
Responsibility for Others
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Respond to medical emergencies by administering basic first aid or by obtaining assistance from paramedics.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Investigate illegal or suspicious activities.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Request emergency personnel.
- Warn individuals about rule violations or safety concerns.
- Write operational reports.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Monitor access or flow of people to prevent problems.
- Patrol properties to maintain safety.
Performing General Physical Activities
- Block physical access to restricted areas.
- Maintain public order or security.
- Prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas.
- Use weapons or physical force to maintain security.
Assisting and Caring for Others
- Provide first aid or rescue assistance in emergencies.
- Respond to emergencies to provide assistance.
Tools and Technology
- Security alarm systems
Automobiles or cars
- Patrol cars
- Desktop computers
- Metal handcuffs
- Plastic handcuffs
Pay will depend on experience and/or relevant training
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sample Security and Investigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” button, and then create your profile or update it to make yourself the best candidate for this role.
About Sample Security and Investigations, Inc.
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. is a leading company specializing in providing high quality video surveillance systems installation and services. Our dedicated support team and technicians have been installing advanced security camera systems, alarm systems and access control systems for a variety of businesses and homes in Akron, OH and the surrounding areas.
We are an Observint Technologies partner and are committed to providing quality, cost-effective protection for homes, business, educational institutions and government facilities. The security and well-being of our communities is our primary concern at Sample Security And Investigations Inc.. Our role is to provide wide range of solutions and tailor them to each individual need.
As your full-service security solutions provider, Sample Security And Investigations Inc. is focused on providing the best and most affordable security solutions possible.
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. offers a broad range of security products, including HD-TVI cameras, network IP cameras, embedded DVRs, hybrid digital video recorders, network video recorders, security monitors, HD analog and IP-based electronic access control solutions.
COMPREHENSIVE VALUE-ADDED SERVICES
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. offers comprehensive professional installation services for video surveillance cameras and security systems. We’ll help you get the most of out your system by setting up an optimized network and system configuration for your organization. Even after your installation is complete, we’re here to help.
INDUSTRY-BASED SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. supports single and multi-site installation with reliable, cost-effective security solutions, customized for the specific needs of the application. Sample Security And Investigations Inc. works with you to customize a solution to meet the specific security requirements of your home or business.
As your trusted, single-source security provider, we have a unique way of doing things. It’s how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver our values – for our clients.