"Sample Our Security For Life"
Security Alarm Systems Installers
Install, program, maintain, or repair security camera wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with any relevant codes.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses, and other Screenings/Examinations
High school diploma or equivalent
Moderate-term on-the-job training (OJT) may take place in this role, and documented, or verified related past OJT, may be considered
Those with related military experience, training, and knowledge as shown throughout this job description are encouraged to apply.
Valid Driver’s License, and reliable transportation that will easily allow for movement to and from assigned work sites.
Successful candidates must agree to pre-employment random drug screening, background and credit checks, and any of these may be conducted at anytime during employment with Sample Security. The failure of any of these may or may not be used in a determination of continued employment entirely up to the discretion of management.
Preferred Minimum Knowledge
Public Safety and Security
Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Computers and Electronics
Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Customer and Personal Service
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
Building and Construction
Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
Required English Language proficiency
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Leadership Communication Knowledge and experience communicating professionally with leadership and co-workers and working in a team environment to meet deadlines and goals. Communicates business needs, and advises supervisors when supplies need restocked, or equipment needs repaired or replaced in a timely manner so as not to interfere with normal business operations, or any other matters that may negatively impact business.
Minimum Technical Skills
- Equipment Maintenance Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation Monitoring Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine or other device is working properly.
- Troubleshooting Determining causes of operating errors and correctly deciding what to do about it, and then taking timely action to effect repairs by either doing it then, or advising customer that parts or other services need ordered or scheduled.
Environment |Job Hazards | Work Attire and Work Settings
- May require working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires some exposure to high places
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Requires working in a closed vehicle or equipment
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, or cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, positioning and terminating cables, wires, or strapping.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, or other security features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine security requirements.
- Mount raceways and conduits and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers’ recommendations, using programming keypads.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Order replacement parts.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Inspect equipment to locate or identify electrical problems.
- Inspect safety equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Determine types of equipment, tools, or materials needed for jobs.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Confer with customers or users to assess problems.
Handling and Moving Objects
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Drill holes in parts, equipment, or materials.
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems.
- Lay cables to connect equipment.
- Position equipment using hand tools, power tools, or heavy equipment.
- Run wiring to connect equipment.
Training and Teaching Others
May be asked to train or assist in the training of new hires.
Preferred Experience with Tools and Technology
- Flexible wire pullers
- Wire pullers
- Digital ohmmeters
- Volt-ohm meters VOM
- Cordless drills
- Hammer drills
- Flat blade screwdrivers
- Jeweler’s Phillips screwdrivers
- Jeweler’s flat blade screwdrivers
- Phillips head screwdrivers
- Color bar generators
- Tone generators
Pay will depend on experience and/or relevant training
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sample Security and Investigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for Job” button, and then create your profile or update it to make yourself the best candidate for this role.
About Sample Security and Investigations, Inc.
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. is a leading company specializing in providing high quality video surveillance systems installation and services. Our dedicated support team and technicians have been installing advanced security camera systems, alarm systems and access control systems for a variety of businesses and homes in Akron, OH and the surrounding areas.
We are an Observint Technologies partner and are committed to providing quality, cost-effective protection for homes, business, educational institutions and government facilities. The security and well-being of our communities is our primary concern at Sample Security And Investigations Inc.. Our role is to provide wide range of solutions and tailor them to each individual need.
As your full-service security solutions provider, Sample Security And Investigations Inc. is focused on providing the best and most affordable security solutions possible.
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. offers a broad range of security products, including HD-TVI cameras, network IP cameras, embedded DVRs, hybrid digital video recorders, network video recorders, security monitors, HD analog and IP-based electronic access control solutions.
COMPREHENSIVE VALUE-ADDED SERVICES
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. offers comprehensive professional installation services for video surveillance cameras and security systems. We’ll help you get the most of out your system by setting up an optimized network and system configuration for your organization. Even after your installation is complete, we’re here to help.
INDUSTRY-BASED SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Sample Security And Investigations Inc. supports single and multi-site installation with reliable, cost-effective security solutions, customized for the specific needs of the application. Sample Security And Investigations Inc. works with you to customize a solution to meet the specific security requirements of your home or business.
As your trusted, single-source security provider, we have a unique way of doing things. It’s how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver our values – for our clients.